MacShogi is a Shogi Database program for Mac OS X.
The aim of MacShogi is to create for the Macintosh environment a full featured shogi database application.
The program can already help you to :
- Enter new games and save them in the psn format
- Enter comments
- Enter and replay variations
- Load libraries and replay games
- Sort the games of a library in any order (sente's or gote's name, grades, event, results and dates)
- Choose an even game or a handicap game (from sente to eight piece)
- Create diagrams, you only need to copy and paste them in your magazine, book or article
- Play over internet or a local area network
The diagrams feature provides several formats :
- text only pieces and board for sending emails
- tendo shogi font only, almost the same as in Tony Hosking's great books
- using both tendo font and text, this one is useful to make the number of pieces correctly printed.
This is a good format for your book, magazine or article
All Shogi rules are implemented and fully tested, illegal moves are not possible.
The last version of MacShogi (0.3.23) runs on Intel based Macintosh, with OS X 10.5 (Leopard),
I don't have tested it on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). If you use it on Tiger, thanks to send me your feedback :-)
Just give a look at the screenshots in the following pages :
If you don't know the rules of shogi, you can read them in French
or in English.
MacShogi could not be as friendly as it is without Florian Guzek. Florian designed all the pieces of the program.
Have fun with MacShogi.